What is the criterion for becoming a successful employee? Normally, one should focus on the things that keep him or her in good books of the people in the management. The workplace is a formal setup where you need to keep up certain standard of decorum. Even if you work in a mediocre working environment, you still must adhere to few ground rules that employees follow universally. If you follow these rules, you would be taken seriously and your queries will be heard. Hence, it is prudent to follow the known and unwritten rules of modern workplace etiquette to stay successful at the work front. Apart from these unwritten rules, you need to steer clear of six more things that we are listing in this article.
1. Gossiping: This is a bad quality that hampers the progress of an individual at the workplace. If we want to keep our job, we should stay away from idle gossiping groups present in the office.
2. Being a Constant Downer: We should steer past the person who always thinks about the negative things in life. This would enable us to think afresh and come out successful with out-of-the-box ways. Downers would make us feel insecure and restrict your thinking range.
3. Perpetually Getting in Conflict: Always avoid conflicts with colleagues. It would help us stay in the good books of the people who matter in our day-to-day work life. It is better to find ways to resolve issues instead of remaining in conflict with others. This helps us to stay focused.
4. Dressing Inappropriately: When working in a team, we need to follow some dress code. Otherwise, it would evoke an inappropriate response from other employees. Most of the companies do not follow strict dress code. Yet, you should not pass an undefined line to become acceptable by others at the workplace.
5. Passing the Buck: There are times when we might be called for doing job of someone else. In some other situation, we might be asked to do a job for which we are not hired. It is always better to step into the plate and fill the gap. This would show that we are resourceful persons who can help the company to weather the crisis.
6. Not Being a Team Player: We should mingle with the team and create a good working atmosphere. We should be able to understand the working efficiency and sensitivities of other members of the team.